Stressing about the cost of auto insurance? You’re not the only one. No matter your driving record, you’re not powerless to take steps to lower your car insurance rates now and in the future.
- Drive well. Even if you have had an accident or received a ticket or two, stop and drive more carefully. It’s the surest, best way to reduce your rates. If you don’t have any tickets or accidents, see above. Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
- Bundle your policies. Do you have renter’s or homeowner’s insurance with a different company than your auto policy? How about your motorcycle insurance? Ask your personal insurance agent to package your policies and shop for the best overall rates. You’ll be surprised.
- Car alarm. Auto theft results in higher rates for all of us. As a result, insurance companies reward those clients who try and prevent it. Install a car alarm and you may save up to 10% on your auto insurance premium.
- Auto club. You may not save directly with an auto club, but you will save real out-of-pocket expenses in the long run. Do you know much towing is without belonging to an auto club? Up to hundreds of dollars. The savings you receive with an auto club increases the older your car. After all, breakdowns occur far more often with an older car than with a newer one.
- Have MVA fines? Go to MVAFine.com. If you have past due fines from the MVA, go to MVAFine.com before December 31, 2019 to see if you qualify for savings up to 80%!
- Have your personal insurance agent “shop” different insurance agencies to make sure that you’re paying the lowest rate possible. Seems obvious, but your insurance agency may only represent one company and take it or leave it, that’s the rate you’ll pay. Don’t be afraid to ask. It will pay off!
But what do you do when what’s out there doesn’t seem to fit your financial needs?
If you have a less than stellar driving record, you’re going to pay more for your auto insurance. However, some agencies do try to help you by:
- Offering monthly payments
- Making down payments as inexpensive as they can so that you can get back on the road.
- There may be some flexibility with your payment. If you see trouble ahead, and need an extra day or two to make your payment, talk to your personal insurance agent. They may be able to help you.
What’s more: after staying insured for one year with GEBCO with on-time payments and without any violations on your record, you’ll be eligible for a discount on your premium.
There will always be ways to get back on track with us, no matter your situation.
It’s going to be okay—there are options for you! With our easy, convenient online process, you can get started saving in a matter of minutes.
We work with all kinds of drivers every day who have had a series of unfortunate events smudge their record. You don’t deserve to continue struggling for the foreseeable future.